Level I & II Officiating Courses are on January 24-25, 2015. The goal is to train enough volunteers to assist at the 2015 Men’s & Women’s National Championship. Courses are $25 each and includes lunch. Click here to register online for the training courses.
Wings Stadium Event Center is excited to host the upcoming 2015 USA Curling National Championships. As with most events of this scale, this event would not be possible without the help of volunteers.
The descriptions of the 2015 USA Curling Nationals volunteer opportunities are listed below. They will help you in filling out the VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES & VOLUNTEER SCHEDULE sections of the volunteer application. It will give you a better understanding of the responsibilities of the many volunteer opportunities as well as the dates and times that you as a volunteer will be needed in each area.
- Sign up event attendants for Learn to Curl Sessions
- Teach the Learn to Curl Sessions at Wings Stadium
(It is preferred that instructors have completed the Level 1 Instructor course that is offered through USCA)
TIMERS/ON ICE OFFICIALS
- Assist Head Official to supervise the activities on the playing surface
(It is preferred that the on ice officials have completed the Level 1 Officiating Course through USCA)
- Operate the time clock for one sheet for the entire draw
- Complete the official timecard and obtain the skip’s signature after the draw is completed
- Must have general computer knowledge to work timing system
ICE CREW (this position will require help prior to the event starting as well as during the event)
- Assist Head Ice Technician to flood and install the ice surface
- Assist the Head Ice Technician in cleaning the ice at 5th end break
- Help Head Ice Technician to prepare the ice for the next draw
- Vacuum carpet surrounding ice sheets between draws
- Recording curling statistics
- No prior experience recording stats is required
- Good working knowledge of the game and its strategies